Re: Printing glyphs (Was: GNUstep 0.8.5 pre-release)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Printing glyphs (Was: GNUstep 0.8.5 pre-release)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 10:03:55 -0700

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 07:21 PM, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Adam Fedor wrote:
Also, printing, after a brief spell of barely working, doesn't anymore.
I'll have to figure out how to display glyphs in PostScript now...

Just a quick note about this: I've looked a bit at it, and it seems to
me that the backend supplying the fonts (eg. -xlib or -art) and the
printing "backend" (GSStreamContext) are going to have to talk a lot
with each other while printing. 'glyphshow' should be able to handle
this, and I know I can get back-art to provide postscript font and glyph
names (for printable fonts, anyway).

Yes. The part I'm stuck on is how to get glyph names. Can you tell me how to do that in back-art at least?

glyphshow is a good start, although it will probably be more efficient eventually to just make a new encoding vector for the font.