Re: RFC: [GDL2/base] unableToSetNullForKey: / unableToSetNilForKey:

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: RFC: [GDL2/base] unableToSetNullForKey: / unableToSetNilForKey:
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:49:47 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 08:20  am, Stéphane Corthésy wrote:

Hi,

I suggest you to change function GSObjCReplaceImplementation to return the old IMP pointer: this allows us more tricky things like overloading methods (not simply replacing) by providing a complementary implementation and calling eventually the original implementation, a trick I suggested some time ago. Should/could it not be done in your case? Do you really want to replace the whole original implementation, or just extend it?

Good point.
I second that idea.

Commited:

       * Headers/gnustep/base/GSObjCRuntime.h
       * Source/Additions/GSObjCRuntime.m (GSObjCReplaceImplementation):
       Added new function.
       * Source/Additions/GSObjCRuntime.m (search_for_method_in_class):
       Renamed static function for NeXT runtime to better reflect
       reality.
       (GSObjCAddMethods): Updated usage.
       (search_for_method_in_class): New static function for GNU runtime.
       (flush_method_cache_for_class): New function.

Cheers,
Dave