Re: [NSBundle mainBundle] + gdb

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: [NSBundle mainBundle] + gdb
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:04:54 +0100 (BST)

> Hi,
>
> I just discovered a problem with [NSBundle mainBundle]. Although it
> should work with Tool projects (by looking at the source), it doesn't
> - it always returns nil.

Thanks for your report.  I looked at your example and ... well [NSBundle
mainBundle] returns nil because your tool does not have a main bundle.
:-)

Try adding

BundleTest_HAS_RESOURCE_BUNDLE = yes

to your GNUmakefile.  That will turn on support for the main bundle in the
makefiles, and your main bundle directory should appear, and [NSBundle
mainBundle] should find it and return a bundle accessing it. :-)

==

Incidentally, I know this is probably documented nowhere except in the
makefile source code - so how on earth would you know about it ?

gnustep-make really needs a "user's manual".

I'd love to write it, but I can't seem to find the time to do it at the
moment.