Re: Services (Was: Re: Proper way of connecting to apps)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Services (Was: Re: Proper way of connecting to apps)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:08:43 +0100

On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 12:27  pm, Stefan Urbanek wrote:

I have a question: Is there a way how to have a service that will not register in the Services menu and I am able to use it from an application? AFAIK, I am reffering to the service by menu item name.

NSSetShowsServicesMenuItem()
probably also something in the services property list ... but I can't remember.

Another one: what happens when there are two providers of service with same name?

I don't know ... probably the services menu ought to show both using the provider name to differentiate ... but I don't know if that is what happens.