Re: GWorkspace Dragndrop Question

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GWorkspace Dragndrop Question
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:46:01 +0200

Enrico Sersale wrote:
On 2003-06-23 16:32:18 +0300 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Chad,

what you describe is an inconsistency between GWorkspace and the GNUstep GUI. And as you did find out GUI in this case is right, as it does the same as Cocoa. They both expect the copy/paste of NSFilenamesPboardType to work with the propertylist interface of the pastboard (which internally uses an NSSerializer), wheras GWorkspace uses an NSArchiver for the same task. The difference can be seen in the method on [NSView dragFile:fromRect:slideBack:event:] in GUI and the methods on IconViewsIcon in GWorkspace. Gworkspace will need some corrections here.

Ok, I can correct this in ten minutes :-) But, due of my bad English, I don't understand well if I can pass an array to -setPropertyList:forType:. GWorkspace uses only arrays, even with a single file.

Yes this is an allowed type to put into this method, In this case even the expected type. As I wrote below the current GUI code looks incorrect to me.

I am also not sure if the GNUstep implementation is fully correct, as a single filename may be set here, where I would always expect an array of filenames. But than again, I did write this code some time ago, so it may be wrong. It looks like this is closely related with NSImage also only expecting one file name in the pasteboard. Both should be corrected.