Re: Marketing (Was: Re: New developers and publicity)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Marketing (Was: Re: New developers and publicity)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:22:08 -0600

On Sep 27, 2004, at 2:34 PM, Stefan Urbanek wrote:
Next to that it might be a good idea to start a "marketing" group and
decide what we want and how we gonna accomplish that. That way we can
devide the work.

Adam, what do you, as the project leader, think about the idea from last
paragraph? I think it is good idea.

[...]

Please, do not be affraid of new people as do not be affraid that they
will spoil gnustep. Sure, newbies will not know about internals, but
they will learn. They can learn if they are allowed to learn, to look at
the code, to touch it and to write it. Documentation is not enough
regardless how good it is. You will learn it best if you try it. Noone
is perfect.

What I'm more afraid of is that people will be interested in this, but nothing will get done. That's happened more than once in the past.

So feel free to start this. I certainly hope we can accomplish something.