Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv a

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Internal Error: The private GNUstep function to establish the argv and environment was not called
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:07:42 +0100

On 2005-06-09 16:33:16 +0100 Jürgen Lorenz Simon <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to bump this one more time. I've tried to debug in the GNUstep stuff,
> but the gdb debugger seems to suffer from nervous breakdown when handling
> stuff like [NSProcessInfo load] or [NSProcessInfo inilialize] and wont let me
> discover
> the cause of the problem :-(
>
> This project is very important for me and I seriously need a hand now.

This sort of thing can happen if you have both debug and non-debug versions of
the base library linked in to your application.
eg. if you have linked one library to depend upon a debug version of the base
library, and another library to depend upon a non-debug version, then link both
those libraries into your app.

To sort that out ...
1. delete *every* library or executable (not just gnustep libraries but your
own gnustep-based apps and tools too)... just to be sure.
2. do a make distclean in all your gnustep directories.
3. build everything making very sure you do 'debug=yes' so nothing is built in
a non-debug version.

If this doesn't work for you ... make your entire build environment/sourcecode
available in a guest account on some machine, and I'll have a look to see if I
can spot anything.