Re: Problems with automatic start of gdnc, gpbs, and gdomap on Linux...

From: Roman Belenov
Subject: Re: Problems with automatic start of gdnc, gpbs, and gdomap on Linux...
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:30:51 +0300

Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> writes:

> The subject basically says it.  When I log in, it's reporting that it had
> trouble starting gdnc.  Is anyone else having this problem?

I had such problems, but they disappeared with latest (1.11.2) release of base,
probably the following entry in Changelog is relevant:

2005-11-20  Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden>

        * Source/NSDistributedNotificationCenter.m: Rewrite code for connecting
        to and starting up daemon to handle the process more quickly and
        smoothly.  Only complain if we can't to connect to it even after
        launching it and retrying the connection for five seconds.

--
                                                        With regards, Roman.