Re: SVN repository

From: Andy Ruder
Subject: Re: SVN repository
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:42:57 -0600

On 1/28/06, Adam Fedor <address@hidden> wrote:
> The gna.org SVN repository should be up and running now, although I
> haven't had a chance to check it personally yet.
>
> Please go and try it out. And don't panic - if we really screw it up,
> will go back and do another import from CVS...

I noticed at least a couple commits have been made to the CVS since
the conversion, I will go back and pick these up.  As far as checking
out goes, I realized one problem with the /modules method of allowing
the "core" checkout and such.  Basically, normal users check out with
http:// or svn:// access methods.  It does no good to developers to
have svn:externals set to check out using these methods.  So I have
made a /devmodules directory so something like this should work:

svn co svn+ssh://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules/core

If we decide to abort the transition and try the CVS again later, I
can probably set up a script to just move what has changed and we
might not even have to involve the gna.org people to do so.  Right
now, the biggest problem is that we are unable to communicate as gnu
mailing lists seem to be delayed several hours.

- Andy