Re: Subversion import #2

From: Andy Ruder
Subject: Re: Subversion import #2
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:23:15 -0600

On 1/30/06, David Wetzel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andy Ruder wrote:
>
> > Also, as the /devmodules is rather wieldy to checkout, I was
> > also
> > going to suggest that we setup a part of the directory tree
> > with:
> >
> > /developer/<name>/
> >
> > where people can play around with subversion and
> > such.
>
> The problem with that sandboxes is that it pushes the revision number up each
> time and people may
> think the 'real' repository has changed.

With all the projects in the repository, people will have to get used
to revision numbers changing.  Subversion handles it nicely by
checking lastchanged revisions on any files it updates...

Subversion doesn't have a flat file repository (it does, but it is
still in a database of sorts, not human readable), and for
experimenting with merging and such, that will HAVE to be done in a
place in the repository...

- Andy