Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r23971 - in /libs/back/trunk: ChangeLog Source/x11/XGS

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r23971 - in /libs/back/trunk: ChangeLog Source/x11/XGServerWindow.m Source/x11/XIMInputServer.m
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:34:22 +0200

David Ayers schrieb:
> Fred Kiefer schrieb:
>> Author: fredkiefer
>> Date: Fri Oct 27 14:25:26 2006
>> New Revision: 23971

>> Log:
>> Small correction to adopt to base change also remove annoying warning.
>>
>> Modified:
>>     libs/back/trunk/ChangeLog
>>     libs/back/trunk/Source/x11/XGServerWindow.m
>>     libs/back/trunk/Source/x11/XIMInputServer.m
>
> This makes the log in XIMInputServer is multilingual in non english
> locale's...
>
> I still feel that GetEncodingName (or GSEncodingName, or
> GSNameFromEncoding()) is generally useful.  Does anyone else agree?

I don't have any opinion what so ever on this. :-)
What I did was just to adjust the code on back to a change that was done
in base some time before, without changing the affected code in back. :-(

What seems odd to me is that Apple did only define a localized version
of this method. Having a non-localized as well would seem more natural
to me. Perhaps we should add one as a GNUstep extension? But in this
code in back I would still prefer the localized output.

Cheers
Fred