WebObjects Dev tools (Re: some GSWeb wiki pages updated / added)

From: David Wetzel
Subject: WebObjects Dev tools (Re: some GSWeb wiki pages updated / added)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:19:25 +0100

Lars wrote:

> Since Apple is going to deprecate the Java bridge and all the WO
> tools in foreseeable future (next WWDC, Leopard?) it is maybe a good
> idea to integrate with these. Although WOLips is Eclipse based (and
> Java this way) there is at least an existing infrastructure to build
> on (or to port to ObjC maybe?) which would need some minimal
> extension (mainly some sort of ObjC editor (could be based on http://
> www.eclipse.org/cdt/ possibly?) and some ObjC builder support).

I do not care about the Java bridge. The only tools I am using here are
EOModeler and WOBuilder.
For EOM, there seems to be already something on the way.
WOB is a much harder task since it requires integration with somthing that can
render HTML like
WebKit.
For me, these two tools are a big improvement in productivity. That is why we
should have GNUstep
versions of them in the long term. Editing WOComponents in a text editor is
slower and tends to have
more syntax errors than "generated" ones.

Actually, it may be possible to create a single graphical Editor that can edit
Renaissance XML and
WOComponents.

Any ideas?

--
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,