Re: CoreFoundation, CoreGraphics and opal

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: CoreFoundation, CoreGraphics and opal
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 11:45:16 +0100

On 5 Apr 2010, at 20:37, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> I don't think we want an additional dependency in base. We already have
> opal, why would we need another implementation of CoreGraphics?
> As far as I can see, you want your own private version of CoreGraphics,
> fine by me. You have a problem there with the definition of CGFloat when
> used in connection with GNUstep base. Then this a problem of your code.
> And it is one that is really easy to fix. Just have a look at the way we
> define CGFloat in opal CGBase.h.

I added some conditional stuff in base and CoreBase a little while ago for
OSType, so it is declared in both but only if the other is not already defined.

Declarations like this are a complete mess on OS X.  Foundation includes a load
of CoreFoundation / CoreServices stuff, AppKit includes a load of Quartz stuff,
and it's difficult to see where anything really comes from - I don't think we
need to copy that...

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1