Re: GSObjCRuntime / GDL / GSWeb

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GSObjCRuntime / GDL / GSWeb
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 21:12:10 +0100

On 9 Apr 2010, at 19:13, David Ayers wrote:

> I seems that the runtime abstraction layer is being deprecated.

Is it?

> I would
> have expected that the introduction of yet another runtime would
> actually strengthen the need for the abstraction layer.  Yet I
> appreciate that supporting three runtimes is quite a task.

As far as I am aware, we are still providing GSObjCRuntime.  We are also
supporting the new OS X 10.5 runtime APIs and slowly rewriting GSObjCRuntime to
use this, rather than poke runtime data structures directly, but I didn't think
we were removing it.  We still use it for mixins and so on.

David

-- Send from my Jacquard Loom