Re: GNUstep + libicu on Windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep + libicu on Windows
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 08:01:34 +0100

On 6 Feb 2011, at 07:34, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> On 5 Feb 2011, at 17:05, Stefan Bidi wrote:
>
>> Yeah, that's a problem because ICU, by default, uses strict ansi and MinGW
>> doesn't define a bunch of stuff in ANSI mode.  To configure:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/mingw --libdir=/mingw/bin --disable-strict
>>
>> That should work and install everything where MinGW expects it to be.
>
> Thanks, that builds and installs nicely.
> But it seems the linker doesn't find it for some reason.
> When building base I'm getting 'ld.exe cannot find -licui18n' even though I
> can see that libicui18n.dll has been installed in /mingw/lib :-(

Hmm ... my mistake ... libicui18n.dll is of course in /mingw/bin, not
/mingw/lib ... and the link command is telling the linker to look in
/mingw/lib, so of course it's not finding it.
Now I guess I need to figure out why we don't have -L/mingw/bin in the command.
 Possibly a problem with configure.ac in base?