Re: UTI supoort for -canReadItemWithDataConformingToTypes: ?

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: UTI supoort for -canReadItemWithDataConformingToTypes: ?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:38:36 +0100

Hi Banlu,

Le 11 févr. 2011 à 23:51, Banlu Kemiyatorn a écrit :

> Hi,
> Does GNUstep have a support for UTI to implement
> canReadItemWithDataConformingToTypes: for NSPasteboard?

The short answer is no, but Fred might be able to give you a more detailed one.

> Can it adopt this one by Eric from EtoileFoundation? I just need
> something to define binary streams properly.

We discussed a bit implementing the new pasteboard API with Fred at the FOSDEM.
He seemed to agree with the idea to have a ETUTI copy bundled with GNUstep
(under the name GSUTI).
Eric and I are the only authors, and we both have signed a copyright
assignment. If Eric doesn't mind allowing the new copy, this should be ok.

We would keep ETUTI in EtoileFoundation since we use it on Mac OS X, and we
don't want to depend on GNUstep additions.

Cheers,
Quentin.