Re: Other graphic issues

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Other graphic issues
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:44:48 -0600

I haven't had a look at Fisicalab yet, but something which may or may not be
related is the artifacting I get in GSTest/ImageSelection-test. It happens when
moving the sliders to adjust the image size; the image can leave lines as it's
being resized, but the same code works fine on OS X.

The artifacting seems to to come from calling [aView setNeedsDisplayInRect:]
with a non-integral rect. I suspect at some point the rect coordinates are
being floor()'ed, which would be incorrect. If we mark a (possibly
non-integral) region of a view as needing to be redrawn, at some point we'll
need to compute a pixel aligned version that completely encloses the original
rect.

-Eric