Re: GUI updating while application is working

From: Frederico Muñoz
Subject: Re: GUI updating while application is working
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:30:39 +0100

Hi Riccardo,

Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> writes:
> (...)
> while (stuff to do)
>   {
>      fetch a chunk;
>      log information;
>      process chunk;
>      log information
>   }
>
> The problem? There is no GUI update until everything is done.
> (...)

I can be mixing completely different topics but this reminds me one of
the most complex doubts I had five years ago when I was working on
Installer.app; I wrote in the list and in #gnustep and I just found the
thread, perhaps it can be useful - it contains options and examples (the
rest of the thread appears in the next period):

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnustep-dev/2005-02/msg00048.html

If this has nothing to do with your question apologies, but it stroke a chord.

Cheers,

Frederico