Re: Install location for libobjc2

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Install location for libobjc2
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 17:13:42 +0000

On 2 Nov 2012, at 16:37, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> here is how I do it on OpenBSD:
>
> 1. install libobjc2 using the Makefile, not the GNUmakefile, which will end
> up in /usr/local
> 2. install gnustep-make, there I use LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/lib'
> CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/local/include/' in the environment when running configure
> 3. install gnustep-base and others. at that time, gnustep-make should have
> picked up the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS from its installation time
>    and should use them.

But that's not how to install libobjc2 into a GNUstep system ... it's how to
force GNUstep to use a special location to find the library ... OK if you want
to put GNUstep on a system which already has libobjc2 installed, but lousy if
you want to put libobjc2 where you can trivially distribute it as part of
GNUstep package.