Re: __NSCF** classes and libobjc2 dependency on C++ runtime

From: Chan Maxthon
Subject: Re: __NSCF** classes and libobjc2 dependency on C++ runtime
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 22:45:24 +0800

Indeed I am not that sure about how GNUstep currently handles exceptions but I
am giving you ideas from some crash reports with symbols from an Apple system.

And the conclusion on toll-free bridging is about the latest Apple
implementation. You should really get a Mac and poke around. Just for your
information, what I poked around with is OS X 10.8.3 and iOS 6.1.3, both.

With non-fragile ABI it is almost impossible to construct a C struct that can
perfectly mirror Objective-C objects' memory layout, especially under some
corner circumstances. Apple found that out, and moved lots of code from
Foundation to CoreFoundation so that CoreFoundation types are now all defined
in a fashion that is compatible with new ABI.

Try breakpoint on some vital Objective-C runtime functions and methods and run
some CoreFoundation code, and you will be surprised. Before you do that, make
sure you have latest OS X and Xcode.

发自我的 iPad

在 2013-6-4,16:45,David Chisnall <address@hidden> 写道: