Re: NIB loader: custom views don't draw themselves

From: Luboš Doležel
Subject: Re: NIB loader: custom views don't draw themselves
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 09:54:28 +0200

On 08/09/2013 04:36 AM, Gregory Casamento wrote:
> Eric,
>
> It shows for me, but my version is using the XIB, not the NIB.  I suspect
> yours is as well.   I used buildtool to build the app and it works fine.
>
> The issue, I believe, is that nib encoding of certain information has changed
> between 10.5 and now and it is not being interpreted correctly.
>
> On a side note I wish more people would start using buildtool.  It actually
> interprets the Xcode project file and uses it directly instead of generating
> make files.  It's much cleaner and more precise than pbxbuild.   To build it
> you need to build the Xcode framework in dev-libs and the front end buildtool
> in dev-apps.
>
> Later,
> Gregory Casamento
> address@hidden
> Open Logic Corporation, President/CEO
> GNUstep Lead Developer

Hi,

when I replace NIB with XIB, I suddenly get a working menubar.

But a natively built version also draws for me - that means the bug is
likely in my code (and I'm raising false alarms).

I've added extra NSLog statements and it seems that in the OS X version
on Linux, initWithFrame: is never called, only (void)awakeFromNib. In
the native version, both are called.

When I add a manual call to [self initWithFrame:], it succeeds, so the
method *is* registered with the runtime.

Any idea what may be causing this discrepancy?

--
Luboš Doležel