Re: Tooltips issue

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Tooltips issue
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 23:22:37 +0100

I think that the code that sends the mouse entered and mouseexited
methods to the tracking rectangle and via that to the tooltip should
take the visible rectangle of the current view into account.

That code seem to reside in the NSWindow method
- (void) _checkTrackingRectangles:forEvent:

There we should take the visiblerect from the view and intersect that
with the r->rectangle of the tracking rectangle. Would this change match
your expectations for the intended behaviour?

To me changing the code should be fairly simple. But somebody will have
to test it after that very thoroughly. Any takers for that?

Fred