Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018

From: Daniel Ferreira (theiostream)
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Ideas for Summer of Code 2018
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 23:05:33 -0800

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 5:55 PM, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't think that's inappropriate as far as GNUstep is concerned.

By inappropriate I mean that if the student wanted to work on anything
that's not GS+WebKit (or even that actually) my help would be very
limited – they would probably have to rely on Fred, you and others,
much like I had to in order to get work done.

> Can you write a blurb that we can ask GNU representatives to put on
> the ideas page? See summer-of-code mailing list archive for examples.

For GS+WebKit? Definitely. I should have something this week still.

> Let's sit one weekend to help me reproduce your build steps. (I don't
> recall at this point; maybe you left good enough documentation that I
> could do it myself, but maybe it's better if we sit down and make this
> easily reproducible.)

Sure! Can we set this up sometime next week?

-- Daniel.