Re: Wayland backend status update & help appeal

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Wayland backend status update & help appeal
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:44:54 +0000

> On 20 Feb 2018, at 22:02, Ivan Vučica <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> A while ago Sergio L. Pascual contributed a 'dirty' wayland backend
> patch, intended to be used together with cairo.
>
> At FOSDEM we worked on merging it, but it didn't worked out. I have
> not yet merged it as it is not ready for use.
>
> You can see current work-in-progress:
> https://github.com/ivucica/libs-gui/tree/ivucica-wayland
> https://github.com/ivucica/libs-back/tree/ivucica-wayland
>
> Also, I am stumped.
>
> - xdg_shell's get_xdg_surface_special is not referenced elsewhere on
> the interwebs. I have temporarily swapped it for get_xdg_surface;
> thus, no longer is a more detailed window style being passed. I don't
> see an obvious way to do the same with v5 xdg-shell api.
> - Having done so, the window does not appear at all. I cannot find
> evidence that a 'map' call is required. The window is there under
> weston; events are being printed if I pass --GNU-Debug=dflt. It's
> simply not drawing stuff on screen at all.
>
> What am I missing?

I'm just reading around what I can find about xdg-shell and looking at the
get_xdg_surface_special() calls I note the extra argument is 2/1/0 for
main/background/other window styles.
I wonder if the 2 and 1 might correspond to the xdg-shell states for maximised
and fullscreen (which seem to have those numerci values).
If so, perhaps calling xdg_surface_set_maximized () and
xdg_surface_set_fullscreen() might have the same effect?