gnustep-back without freetype

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: gnustep-back without freetype
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 01:07:10 +0100

Hi,

I'm byilding back on my ol' solaris box.

It has a fairly old environment and no pkg-config, which I couldn't get to build, btw. It fails with:

checking DPS/dpsNXargs.h presence... no
checking for DPS/dpsNXargs.h... no
checking for freetype2... no
configure: error: in `/export/home/multix/gnustep-src/gnustep-back-0.26.2':
configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old. Make sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables FREETYPE_CFLAGS
and FREETYPE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

However, configure advertises:
  --without-freetype Do not check for or include freetype

but... I get the failure anyway.

I actually have an older freetype2 package, I don't know if it is good enough, it still uses freetype-config

> freetype-config --cflags
-I/opt/csw/include/freetype2 -I/opt/csw/include
> freetype-config --libs
-L/opt/csw/lib -lfreetype -lz

I can pass those values to FREETYPE_CFLAGS and FREETYPE_LIBS, but that is geting in the mess I had on NetBSD some days ago... If we still support buliding without freetype, --without-freetype should work :)

It actually passes the freetype check and builds, but has other strange issues I was not getting before!

Riccardo