Re: Building on android....

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Building on android....
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 14:57:19 +0000

On 13/02/2019 14:41, Jordan Schidlowsky wrote:
An NDK app can chose to bundle in a (c++_shared) library in your app, or you can link with a static (c++_static) standard library.   This is actually dependant on what setting you chose for this in your gradle build file, as gradle will pass that along to cmake which will link it in.

That cxx runtime test doesn't quite work correctly using an android toolchain.  But if you want to configure your ndk app using c++_static you can remove that test section from CMakeLists.txt and add in manually below:

set(CXXRT_IS_STDLIB true)
target_link_libraries(objc c++_static stdc++)

I will also note, that I am still thinking about a way to run that test suite while cross compiling...

Patches to the cmake very welcome! I believe that the test really just needs to check if the program links correctly, not if it works. I'm only running it because that works on platforms where programs will successfully link against DSOs that don't provide all of the symbols that they'll need.

David