gnutls-devel

Re: [gnutls-dev] OpenPGP Keys

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] OpenPGP Keys
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:06:34 +0200

Hi,

Timo Schulz <address@hidden> writes:

> I forgot to mention that the opencdk interface for retrieving
> the validity and the ownertrust of the the key is no longer
> available. Now the question is how to handle the issue.
>
> I've seen that at least cdk_trustdb_get_ownertrust() is used
> in the signature verification code.

Actually, I don't quite understand what "trustdbs" are about in GnuTLS
(and OpenCDK).  Does it refer to RFC 2440 "trust packets"?  Or does it
refer to "signature packets" as found in a "transferable public key"?
How does it differ from a "keyring"?

Then, what is "ownertrust" in RFC 2440 terms?

Thanks (and sorry for not being more helpful ;-)),
Ludovic.