gnutls-devel

Re: [gnutls-dev] I like git

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: [gnutls-dev] I like git
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:35:56 +0200

> Hi,
>
> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'm so starting to like git.  I started by adding your repository as a
>> branch:
>>
>> cg-branch-add guile http://www.laas.fr/~lcourtes/software/gnutls.git
>
> I guess this basically creates `.git/remotes/guile'.

Actually it creates .git/branches/guile.  I'm not sure it was a good
idea to make it a branch, it seems the 'guile' branch shows up at
repo.or.cz too.  That seems somewhat confusing, although perhaps it is
OK, and allows others to pull your changes from the repo.or.cz
repository too.  On the other hand, that will not scale very well if
every third-party branch I pull from is pushed to repo.or.cz as well...

/Simon