gnutls-devel

Re: Problems with specific certificate/key (Debian Bug #426013)

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: Problems with specific certificate/key (Debian Bug #426013)
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:37:36 +0200

All, This is now working as desired. I am using exactly the same
configuration as I detailed in my first post (it was commented, I
uncommented it.)

MAIN_TLS_ENABLE = yes
MAIN_TLS_PRIVATEKEY = /etc/exim4/certificates/newserver_co_uk.pem
MAIN_TLS_CERTIFICATE = /etc/exim4/certificates/newserver_co_uk.crt

Does anyone know if any recent updates could have corrected this
problem?

The gnutls_certificate_set_x509_key_file() of 2.2.x series of gnutls can read PKCS8 private keys (when not encrypted). This might have been the issue.

However if you have indicated that your private key header started as "BEGIN PRIVATE KEY" you might have helped solve this much earlier :)

regards,
Nikos