gnutls-devel

mod_gnutls incorrect cert issued by server

From: Wayne Connolly
Subject: mod_gnutls incorrect cert issued by server
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:22:50 +1000

Hi all,

I just tried out mod-gnutls in apache 2.2.12 ubuntu 9.10 because mod-ssl is not a option (no TLS compiled into our version and no way to get it...)

All went perfect with the exception that one of the https sites always shows up the wrong cert.

Each 443 vhost is in its very own vhost file because having 'ServerAlias' in the 443 section failed to recognise the ServerAlias correctly. This is good practice anyway.

So I have one IP - and mod_gnutls enabled and working for 5 of the 5 domains.

It is close to working. I have 4 or the 5 domains working :

Working
Faulty

THEN::: The weird thing is that if i put a '0' in front of the vhost filename 0measanctum.com_SSL 0www.wendysmusic.com.au_SSL then apache reads the measanctum one first and the above situation is true. However if I remove the 0 from 0www.wendysmusic.com.au_SSL then the below happens

Working

    * https://portal.jglinvestments.com.au/
    * https://www.measanctum.com/
    * https://wendysmusic.com.au/
    * https://www.wendysmusic.com.au/

Faulty

    * https://measanctum.com/ <- uses the wrong certificate from *.wendysmusic.com.au.

Before you ask - all cert/docroots/domains have been triple checked by others and are correct. Why would the order change do this? Any tips?

P.S. This is driving me insane.

--
Kind Regards,

Wayne