gnutls-devel

GnuTLS error -8: A record packet with illegal version was received.

From: Richard Wardt van Duijvenbode
Subject: GnuTLS error -8: A record packet with illegal version was received.
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:38:22 +0100

Hi,
I got this bug for you guys:

-ChanServ- [#gnu] Welcome to #gnu, the official channel of the GNU Project. Please read and follow http://www.gnu.org/server/irc-rules.html.
* #gnu :http://www.gnu.org/
<Wardt> I got a "GnuTLS error -8: A record packet with illegal version was received." using FTPES. One account works, the other doesn't. Does anyone know what this is and what I can do to fix it?
<jmd> Wardt, First you should report it as a bug to the GnuTLS maintainers since that error message is in breach of the Gnu coding standards.

Furthermore, could you please tell me what the error message means and how I can fix this situation?

Thanks,

Wardt

CENTREOS E-commerce & Relatiebeheer

Bezoekadres: Tivolilaan 205, 6824 BV Arnhem
Postadres: Postbus 2, 6800 AA Arnhem
Telefoon: +31 26 8454570
Fax: +31 26 8454540
Website: www.centreos.nl