gnutls-devel

Re: W32 testsuite results

From: LRN
Subject: Re: W32 testsuite results
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 12:20:39 +0400

On 05.04.2011 11:52, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
On 04/04/2011 06:01 PM, LRN wrote:
On 04.04.2011 18:15, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
On 04/04/2011 03:04 AM, LRN wrote:
Does anyone have testsuite (make -k check) results for gnutls-2.12.1 on
W32 (i would prefer native W32, but the ones from Wine are better than
nothing at all)? Built against libgcrypt.
I'm building gnutls myself (with some minor patches) and i'm not sure
whether my mixed testsuite results are expected (known bugs or unported
features) or not (i broke something).
Not me. Which tests failed? Do gnutls-cli and gnutls-serv operate?
FAIL: test-binary-io.sh
FAIL: mini.exe
FAIL: hostname-check.exe
FAIL: chainverify.exe
FAIL: mini-eagain.exe
FAIL: mini-x509.exe
FAIL: mini-x509-rehandshake.exe
FAIL: pgps2kgnu.exe
Did these tests succeed in previous gnutls versions at win32?
No idea. This is the first time i'm building and testing it by myself (used pre-built binaries from http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/ until recently)
Unfortunately I cannot debug them, but if you run individual tests
with the -v option, they will provide more information about the
actual point of failure.
Would you want me to make a new entry in bug tracker? One for each failing test, or just a single entry with debug logs for all failing tests? Or just keep discussing it here?

I'm blaming test-binary-io.sh on libtool (the test itself, the one in
.libs subdirectory, exits with 0 and writes the right 6-byte string into
stdout, but when it is run by a libtool wrapper, _spawn() returns 3).
I have no idea about this test. It is a gnulib test. It should have
been introduced on the previous gnulib update.
That's what i thought. Anyway, i'm not very concerned about it.

Hangs up at "Checking DSA-1024 with TLS 1.0" (or, rather, enters
infinite loop; consumes very little resources though, so it must either
use a timer or some kind of wait function), have to kill the server to
kick it going again (or kill the client. Twice. And then kill the
server, also twice, because it just keeps waiting for a client to connect).

Also, obviously, i've had to skip rng-fork (because it uses fork()) and
openpgp-auth (because it uses socketpair(), and with unix domain sockets
at that!) tests. Other tests had to be patched to NOT to include
#include<sys/wait.h>  and some other headers not provided by MinGW.
Could you send me those changes?
Attached (these, and some other patches not related to the testsuite; you might want to NOT to push these upstream, in particular sigalrm patch is completely untested, and testsuite-makefile patch is only necessary because some files are missing (?) from the release tarball).

I've also submitted a bug report about mini.exe (see the bug tracker),
because its cause seemed obvious to me (writes/reads to/from
fd==0xffffffff).
This shouldn't be a problem. The mini-* programs use fd==0xfffffff
because they emulate the communication and don't really use an fd.

Oh. Well, anyway, the log is in bug report. If you need anything else - just ask.