gnutls-devel

Re: gnutls 2.12.1 won't build for me on OS X

From: David Reiser
Subject: Re: gnutls 2.12.1 won't build for me on OS X
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 14:54:28 -0400

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/02/2011 05:42 PM, David Reiser wrote:
> Under 'Making all in examples' the build quits a little later with:
>   CCLD   ex-cert-select
> libtool: link: warning: `-no-install' is ignored for i386-apple-darwin10.7.0
> libtool: link: warning: assuming `-no-fast-install' instead
> libtool: link: warning: library `/sw/lib/libgmp.la' was moved.
> ld: duplicate symbol _main in ./.libs/libexamples.a(ex-cert-select-pkcs11.o) and ex-cert-select.o
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [ex-cert-select] Error 1

Thanks for reporting that. I've committed a fix.

> And while I'm here, if nettle is replacing libgcrypt, why does lib/nettle/init.c still #include <gcrypt.h>?

It shouldn't have been there. I've removed that. Apart from these
did you have any issues using gnutls 2.12 in OSX?

regards,
Nikos

Those changes did allow 2.12.1+ to build for me. I found a packaging problem I created in nettle trying to build nettle as shared libraries. I think I have that one fixed. Gnutls with the mods seems to work for me with https connections (via gwenhywfar for connections to bank data streams). I'm trying to get some friends at fink to test my packaging more thoroughly with some other packages. But so far it looks good.

Thanks for the fixes.

--
Dave Reiser
address@hidden