gnutls-devel

Re: [gnutls-devel] faq

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [gnutls-devel] faq
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 13:39:03 -0400

Hi Nikos--

On 10/13/2013 11:12 AM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
>  I've added a small faq [0] with two questions that are being asked
> over the years to client software developers that use gnutls. If you
> are aware of other common questions or any comments on the answers,
 [...]
> [0]. http://www.gnutls.org/faq.html

Thanks for doing this, these are useful.

Could you place HTML anchors on a div containing each question and
answer?  that would make it easier to send references using a URL with a
fragment, like:

 http://www.gnutls.org/faq.html#key-usage-violation

and you can also use the CSS :target pseudoclass to provide clearer
visual highlighting of the targeted section.

Also, i note that the faq about key usage violations mentions that
gnutls might consider relaxing these strict constraints.  i notice that
Brian Smith is talking (over on address@hidden) about trying to actually
make firefox (and possibly NSS itself, i can't tell from his message)
*more* strict, rather than less.

Regards,

        --dkg