gnutls-devel

Re: The issue when compiling gnutls-3.2.6.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: The issue when compiling gnutls-3.2.6.
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 03:43:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:39:13 -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

>> I installed the nettle-2.7.1 compiled by myself.
>
> Is there a reason to avoid the version installed from wheezy-backports?

Just a a personal preference.  I've used the backports some time before,
but feel there are few packages in the repo and these packages are not as
new as the ones obtained from the source ;-)

>> address@hidden:~$ nettle-hash --version nettle-hash (nettle 2.7.1)
>
> and where are these tools installed?  are they in /usr/local/ someplace,
> or in your home directory?
>
>> If I installed the self compiled version of nettle 2.7.1 from source,
>> how should I tell the guntls use the corresponding nettle-dev files
>> instead of the older versions?
>
> it looks to me like gnutls finds the paths for nettle based on the
> output of pkg-config, which itself uses the .pc files stored (on debian
> at least) in /usr/lib/$archtriple/pkgconfig/*.pc  (e.g. $archtriple
> might be x86_64-linux-gnu). Is it possible that your local nettle
> compilation failed to place a *.pc file someplace that pkgconfig would
> prefer it over your system-installed nettle.pc and hogweed.pc?

Thanks a lot.  I've solve the issue.  In fact, it caused by the error in
my LD_LIBRARY_PATH which contain a erroneous path to the corresponding
nettle-dev files required by the nettle.pc and hogweed.pc.  Thanks again.

Regards
--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.