gomd-devel

Re: [gomd-devel] <DOCS> Working on the docs stuff...

From: Matthias Rechenburg
Subject: Re: [gomd-devel] <DOCS> Working on the docs stuff...
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 13:36:53 +0200

Ciao,

On Sonntag 05 Oktober 2003 00:41, Mirko Caserta wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 23:59:09 +0200
>
> "Gian Paolo Ghilardi" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > - Mirko is working to create a script to convert the updated manual (RTF
> > file format) to all the known file formats... ;)
>
> Well, not exactly. I was thinking of converting the manual into docbook
> sgml for easy conversion into html, ps, pdf, rtf, txt, etc... but it'd be a
> huge work. So instead I tried converting the original word document into
> OpenOffice.org 1.1 xml format and it looks really good. The import is
> excellent and, once the document is saved in swx format, it can be exported
> to html, rtf, txt, pdf and ps without a sweat.
>
> So, using the latest OpenOffice.org we do have an open source, free as both
> in speech and beer software to manage the documentation in an affordable
> way. After all we aren't going to submit the gomd's manual to the LDP,
> right? :)
>
> I'd vote for keeping the master document in swx format so that anyone with
> OpenOffice.org can modify/update the text and produce exported versions of
> the document for release on the web site or personal use.

yep, good, i aggree with the master swx and other formats created from that

> Now I need to hear from you :)

;)) busybee, what a nice profile from you on the openMosix community page :)
congrats

> > - I've prepared a new release for the manual.(typo fixes, comments,..):
> > v0.1b.
> >    Not committed yet (waiting fot Mirko's script).
> >    I'm also working to add some "gomd internals" chapter to the manual.
>
> If everyone is confortable with having an swx manual, I'd suggest you
> install OOo 1.1 on windoze to convert your .doc file into an swx (or I can
> do it for you but you'll need OOo anyway for making changes to the document
> later).
>
> > PS: when Moshe will give us the permissions, we'll move to the new
> > openMosix community platform.
> > Ok? ;)

ok, ...

> Sure, I'm already there but I can't use CVS right now yet.

... yep, me too. It looks like it would take some more time.
I registered my openMosixview project there too and there
was a prob with the registration which should be fixed fast
(as i heard) but i still have no working account or project
page either. To my mind we can/should already register
our project there and move when it is "the right time" ;)

> Ciao, Mirko.

have a nice weekend,

Matt
--