goptical

Re: [Goptical] numerical aperture

From: Alexandre Becoulet
Subject: Re: [Goptical] numerical aperture
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 23:37:18 +0100

On Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:32:56 PM Richard Graham wrote:

Hi,

> I was wondering if anyone can give me any tips on getting the numerical
> aperture for a system. If I could for example obtain the vectors of all
> the rays leaving a point source which are not lost in the system then
> that would do it.

You can use the Trace::Result::set_generated_save_state function to instruct
goptical to keep track of all rays generated by the source. Then you can use
the get_generated function to get the list of rays after the ray trace.
Functions of the Trace::Ray class can be used to determine which rays are
lost.

See:

http://www.gnu.org/software/goptical/manual/Trace_Ray_class_reference.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/goptical/manual/Trace_Result_class_reference.html#__1405