gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] another git head problem

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] another git head problem
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 14:27:45 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:22:07 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Live-testing with a SiRF puck and uBlox TCX0 on different USB ports
> looks good here - command line
>
>       gpsd -D 5 -N /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/ttyUSB0

I only put one device on the command line, not two.  And yours
are so similar if a mis-id happens it would probably not
be noticeable.

> Can you suggest a way to reproduce your problem?

I suspect is the key is having the Garmin USB in the mix.  Confirmed since
cgps show gpsd id'ed the GR-601W as Garmin binary.

One thing that has needed doing is getting libusb to get us the
vendorid:productid of the current dev.  That way less confusion if
a Garmin USSB is in the mix.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588