gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF gpsmon client mode

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] SiRF gpsmon client mode
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:18:32 -0800

Yo Eric!

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 18:10:16 -0500
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Good.  I'll look at widening fields in the monitor panels to 21 chars
> appropriately.

Or 16 if +/- 1 day is good enough.

> I've defined a TIMESPEC_LEN macro appropriately.  I'll add an
> objurgation to the Hacking Guide about magic numbers.

I've been wondering when you would catch that.  :-)

> > No joy here.  Same issue.
>
> Alas.  Not a very important bug, but I'll poke at it some more.

Yeah, been that way forever...

> This would probably be a good time to do sanity testing with the
> Garmin. I'm not planning to ship immediately - good idea to let the
> code cool off for a while first - but it would be nice to know we
> have all our ducks in a row.

I have a Garmin USB testing now.  Hard to test it inside since it
is not very sensitive.  My Garmin LV was on a retired host, so I'll
need to play with that a bit.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588