gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon - time

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] gpsmon - time
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 00:00:06 -0500

Hal Murray <address@hidden>:
> If you are thinking about space for the PPS offset, it would be neat to show
> the serial offset too.
>
> I'd be happy with a switch that used a few more lines.  Or just clobber one
> of the border bars.

Three of the monitors can report actual PPS - NMEA, uBlox, and SiRF.  A fourth,
OnCore, gets the offset in-band and already has a field sized to that report.

I've been able to modify the NMEA and uBlox monitors to have a full 22-character
PPS offset display.

The SiRF monitor is four characters short of that.  I'd like to fix that, but
to do it I'd need a test load that I could cycle through gpsfake containing
both SiRF binary packets and GPS JSON reports.

If anyone out there can generate a suitable test load and mail it to me
I'd appreciate that.