gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ntp reference clocks

From: juergen perlinger
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ntp reference clocks
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 22:29:56 +0200

Hello Gary!

On 04/01/2015 09:10 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Juergen!

I have added the "precision" field to the gpsd PPS JSON output.  It
is in this afternoon's git head of gpsd.

Now you don't need to guess at the precision.
Neat. Thanks for the update. I'll work on this over the next days. Should be ready after the Easter weekend...
I notice in your code you say:

  * Notes: + These are actually format strings!
  *        + GPSD is picky about quoting -- single quoted strings do not work!

Esr and I have checked RFC 7159 and json.org
        http://json.org/
        https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7159
Right. When I was looking for a JSON parser I found some implementations that accepted single quoted strings, but this is clearly non-conforming to the standard. The comment is a left-over from some experiments. I hope it didn't cause too much confusion.

Cheers,
    Pearly