gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Trimble tweaks (parity, time offset)

From: Oliver Jowett
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Trimble tweaks (parity, time offset)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 00:34:23 +0000

Hi

I have some patches to support the particular trimble chip I'm working with which wants to run at 115200, odd parity, 1 stop bit.
Specifically:

 * don't stomp on the original port parity/stop bit settings, so if you wish you can configure them with stty beforehand. This may indirectly break other setups as the hunt loop doesn't know anything about parity settings.
 * support a FIXED_PARITY option like FIXED_PORT_SPEED et al for using only a single parity setting

Without this I can't reliably talk to this chip as gpsd will force no parity regardless of any manual stty settings I make.
It's basically the same thing that Lee ran into here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/2015-11/msg00000.html

Also

 * don't assume a 75ms time offset (this value seems like a guess and it's wildly inaccurate in my case, I see an offset of <20ms)

The changes are currently on github here: https://github.com/mutability/gpsd

What do I need to do to get these patches integrated into the main tree?

(on a slightly related topic, I couldn't get the hunt loop to work usefully; how fast is this meant to converge? it was taking minutes per speed setting..)

Thanks
Oliver