gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘xgps
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 08:02:43 -0400

Gary E. Miller <address@hidden>:
> I rarely use xgps, but I thought I'd give it a try tonight.  Not good.
>
> I get this repeating error:
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'is_sbas'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/xgps", line 248, in on_draw
>     if gps.is_sbas(sat.PRN):
>
> And the skyview shows me nothing...

You may have a *very* old gps/ Python library still installed.

Find the library installation directory.  Look under gps/.  There
should be a file named gps.py containing code like this:

def is_sbas(prn):
    "Is this the NMEA ID of an SBAS satellite?"
    return prn >= 120 and prn <= 158

If you run from the GPSD source directory, gps/ should be right underneath it.