gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘$GPGST busted time

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘$GPGST busted time
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:18:16 -0700

Yo Eric!

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:08:41 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The TPV has the right time, but not the GST.  They should be the
> > same.
>
> Yes, they should.

Glad we are on the same page.

> OK, this is probably a bug in the NMEA0183 driver.

I think the problem is in the proccessGST() function.  It just needs to
compute time the way other sentences with the same style time stamp do.

> And you should
> troubleshoot it, because right now nobody understands that code but
> me and that's a problem.

I was hoping someone else wanted the learning experience.  I have a
lot to do on the Skytraq.  I've been wanting to see RTK in action for
a long time.

I'll wait most of today for a volunteer, but otherwise I'll fix it
by Wednesday.  Hard to ignore when I see it flashing in the cgps
window.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588