gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] ✘regress-driver broken
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:22:09 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 14:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2016, Fred Wright wrote:
>
> > Found it.  The "fragment" case in gpscommon.run wasn't clearing out
> > the old response, so it got duplicated.  The behavior varies as a
> > function of how the line boundaries relate to packet-buffer
> > boundaries.

Nice catch.  Thank you!

> > With the fix I also see failures on this test, but I believe that's
> > because the current "reference" data was captured with the same bug
> > hitting at different places.  Once I confirm this, I'll send a
> > patch.

Confirmed.

> > All the other tests still pass with the fix.

Confirmed.  I just pushed your changes.

> The change can also be viewed here:
>
> https://github.com/fhgwright/gpsd/commit/21522a6e42f7d49e5602511bde5030ae3533651e

That was easiest as the fix was one line and I just regenerated the check file.

Which brings up another issue, where does the 4K limit come from?

Some of these NTRIP lines start out at 438 long, then get crazy long with the
hex encoding.  I see JSON up to 4415 chars long.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588