gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] RaspbPi HOWTO

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] RaspbPi HOWTO
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 15:50:59 -0700

>> There are a lot of small Pi-like ARM boards.  How did you pick the Odroid
C2?
> I heard reports that it's HAT-compatible.  That makes it low-hanging fruit.

Sounds like a good reason.

I think I saw some comments about the Pi being flaky with a list of better
boards.  If I find it again I'll add it to this discussion.  I don't remember
any that looked great.

The problem with the Pi was USB related.  I don't see troubles when using the
Ethernet, but WiFi hangs occasionally (days).  All the USB WiFi gizmos from
Adafruit use the same chip.  My guess is that the WiFi chip does something
strange and the hardware/firmware doesn't handle that case.

I've got a couple of units that use a different chip on order.  That might
tell me something.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.