gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] refclock 28 gone wacky on me
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 20:52:47 -0400

On 06/09/2016 08:37 PM, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo Mike!

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 20:26:01 -0400
Mike <address@hidden> wrote:

Skytraq ships varying firmware, so that is not definitive.

Worse that says this:

     "The 1PPS pin is multiplexed with some debug mode function whose
     mode is to be determined at end of power on reset cycle. To avoid
     incorrect function do not pull-up or pull- down this signal."

What could possibly go wrong there?
Okay, that looks really suspect to me. I'll try and get this thing connected to a Windows box and see if their utility will show me any useful info.
And the serial is connected directly to a RasPi?
Yes, it's directly connected to the Pi.
If I hook it up to a PC, or with a serial to USB adapter will I be
able to see more about the edge being seen?
Depends how good you are.  I leave that to you.

Okay, a learning challenge!
No double pulse there.  Looks good.

Hmm, it just occured to me, it is your SHM0 that is sending 2 updates
a second?  Was it the SHM0?  If so, that is not a problem, as long
as the time stamps look right, it just means the NMEA is reporting 2x
a second.  The only thing we care about is the SHM1.
Yes, it was SHM0
I still need the debug output.  Send me the result of this:
        # gpsd -nND 9 /dev/ttyXX |# fgrep PPS > gpsd.log
Sent

Mike