gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Fedora 24, gcc 6.1.1 - 'memory_order_seq_cst' was not dec

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Fedora 24, gcc 6.1.1 - 'memory_order_seq_cst' was not declared in this scope
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 20:36:28 +0200

On 10/15/2016 01:24 AM, Fred Wright wrote:
>> The reason for that is that scons compiles c++ code with cflags only
>> somewhere - I think in the qt library stuff. Not sure where exacly, but
>> it will barf if you remove it from cflags. Better patches are welcome :)
>
> Does putting it in CCFLAGS work?

If I remember right - no. But thats long ago that I messed with it.

> Bernd:
>
> Since you're here, how about responding to:
>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-dev/2016-09/msg00067.html
>
> This relates to your patch.

sorry, seems my spam filter ate that mail.
If you can't reproduce it, you are probably using a different compiler.
I have no idea how to remove -w options for check functins in scons.
Also I think esr might want to take that issue to the scons developers,
so having a real fix for the issue makes more sense.
imho scons is broken by design and not fixable, I only mess with it if I
need to make gpsd build yet again.