gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Bernd's CheckFunc Fix

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Bernd's CheckFunc Fix
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 14:49:23 +0100

hi,

On 01/08/2017 07:14 PM, Jon Schlueter wrote:
> I'm thinking right way of fixing this is untangling the qt support so
> that all of the at implementations are in one or two CPP files with c
> calling function declarations.  That I might be able to refractor in s
> couple hours tonight. Keeping code flow the same just moving the c++
> isms from at out of the c files, and adjusting scons to match.
>
> That should clear up a lot of the compile variations. As compiling c
> code as c++ across platforms is a dusty corner we want to avoid.

To make gpsd build with QT you'll have to use
-std=gnu++98
(or maybe something else will work, too).

And regarding the scons issues: I'd guess I had the issues with scons
2.4, but we have 2.5 in unstable since some months. Guess that explains
why I can't reproduce them in unstable anymore. I'd guess they've fixed
such issues as I'm sure not only gpsd was affected.

cheers,

bernd