gpsd-dev

[gpsd-dev] Preferred method to install client libraries to python3

From: teyrana
Subject: [gpsd-dev] Preferred method to install client libraries to python3
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 08:01:45 -0500

Hey guys,

 A few questions about the install process for python3: which I can't seem to find, neither in buld.txt, nor SConstruct.

Is there an existing method to install the client libraries for python3?

If not, have y'all discussed what you'd like to see?

Options I'm trying:

1) create pip package.  Install either locally, or via the pip repo.  (Already prototyped)
2) install directly, like the python 2 variant.
3) link the package at the install directory editable package (I.e. "pip3 install -e . ")

Also, are the .so files necessary for the pyrhon package, or just an optimization?

Thanks for your input,
-Dan